The Japanese Cultural & Community Center of Washington (JCCCW) is located within the original buildings of the Kokugo Gakko, Japanese Language School.
The JCCCW is comprised of three buildings located between South Weller and King Streets, just east of Rainier Avenue South.
The address is 1414 South Weller Street, Seattle, WA 98144.
Our main office and Resource Center are located in Building #1. (pictured on the left.)
Regular office hours:
Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Hosekibako- Japanese Resale Shop and Nikkei Bunko are located in Building #3.
The address is: 511 16th Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98144.
The JCCCW offers the following attractions:
- The Japanese Language School, the oldest operating Japanese language school in the continental United States.
- Nikkei Bunko the Japanese Language Library open on Tuesday and Friday, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Hosekibako: A Japanese Resale Shop, Thursday through Saturday, 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Northwest Nikkei Museum. Upcoming installations: Unsettled -Resettled: Seattle’s Hunt Hotel, Spring 2016. Permanent collections on display throughout the buildings. Tours of the facility can be arranged by contacting the JCCCW at (206) 568-7114 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Event/Meeting Space: Conference rooms, classrooms and event space available for rent/use.
- Annual Events that are open to the public including: Kodomo no Hi (Children’s Day) in May; Japanese Summer Camp for Kids in July; and Bunka no Hi (Culture Day) in November.