Marketing & Membership Manager Part Time (4/5 FTE)
The Japanese Cultural & Community Center of Washington (JCCCW) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to share and promote Japanese and Japanese American culture and heritage with the public at-large. The JCCCW is looking for an enthusiastic, creative, and community oriented individual with strong communication and marketing skills to fill a part-time position.
Working under the direction of the Executive Director, the Marketing & Membership Manger will be tasked with designing, developing, promoting and expanding the JCCCW’s public profile. This includes management of social media accounts and development of marketing materials for JCCCW events and programs.
This position will also administer the membership program which includes recruitment and retention of members, as well as cultivating new ideas for member benefits.
Desired Skills & Attributes
● Enthusiastic and creative
● Comfortable working and coordinating within a team
● Excellent writing and editing skills
● Culturally sensitive with a demonstrated interest in Japanese culture, history and/or language
● Familiarity with design software including Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Premiere
● Experience with managing and developing promotional content
● Adept web-design skills, and experience with HTML, CSS, WordPress, etc.
● Experience with database management and generating reports; specific experience with PastPerfect* is a plus
Duties and Key Responsibilities
● eBlast and eNewsletter development and distribution
● Print newsletter design and distribution twice a year
● Print media/advertisements
● Regular updates on JCCCW social media including JCCCW Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Design & Content Development
● Website design and maintenance
● Poster and flyer layout and design
● Develop marketing materials for membership, Hosekibako, Japanese Language School and facility rentals
● Coordinate promotion of major JCCCW events including: Tomodachi Luncheon, Kodomo no Hi, Japanese Summer Camp, All Things Japanese Sale and Bunka no Hi
Fund Development Support
● Design materials to support fund development efforts
● Process membership accounts: new, renewing and lapsed
● Oversee development and/or expansion of membership benefits
● Manage membership database
Salary and Benefits
This position provides a unique opportunity for candidates looking to jumpstart their marketing/communications career. It is an opportunity to be paid while developing relevant skills on site and accruing tangible work experience through a unique community oriented organization. JCCCW is not searching for the most experienced candidate, but rather the candidate that can best demonstrate creativity, a passion for marketing and communications, and a strong desire in learning new relevant skills.
The Marketing & Membership Coordinator is a part-time 4/5 FTE position. The salary will be negotiable within a range that is consistent with the position and relative to the other staff positions within the JCCCW. Duties associated with the position will require regular office hours. In addition, some weekends and evenings beyond regular office hours will be required.
If you’re interested in this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to the JCCCW via email to email@example.com. In the subject line, please include ATTN: Marketing & Membership Manager Application. While not required, attachment of a 1-2 page writing sample or link to an online portfolio of your design work is highly encouraged.
Resumes will be accepted through 11:00 PM (PST), August 31, 2015. Qualified candidates will be contacted and scheduled for interviews mid-September.
If you have any other questions about the JCCCW or the position, feel free to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.