The All Things Japanese Sale is a large rummage sale hosted by the Hosekibako: Japanese Resale Shop at JCCCW. The sale features a wide variety of Japanese items including dolls, furniture, fans, traditional dress, plush toys, jewelry, books and much, much more! There is something for everyone with over one thousand antiques and collectibles on sale and prices starting at just $0.25.
Thank you to the community for their support and to the many volunteers who help make this event possible! All of the proceeds raised by the All Things Japanese Sale will go toward supporting the mission of JCCCW to preserve, promote and share Japanese and Japanese American culture and heritage.
When: Saturday & Sunday, August 19 & 20, 10am-4pm | VIP Presale Friday, August 18 from 5:30-8:00pm
Three Ways to Participate!
Donate your Japanese items! We will accept Japanese artwork, antiques and furnishings, dishware, jewelry, clothing and collectible items in good condition. Donations are accepted during business hours at Hosekibako, Thursday through Friday from 10am to 3pm. Feel free to call ahead for bigger items. You can also donate and drop items off at the JCCCW’s front office Monday through Friday from 10am to 5pm.
Volunteer to work at the sale! We will have numerous volunteer shifts available.
Come and Buy! Choose from a wide variety of original Japanese artwork and prints, heirloom and antique items, jewelry, pottery and dishware, furnishings, kimono and collectibles. There will be something for every budget and taste!
**If you’re interested in attending the All Things Japanese Sale VIP Presale Event on Friday, August 18 from 5:30-8:00pm, tickets are available!**
To donate, volunteer, or learn more contact us at (206)-568-7114 or email email@example.com.
Accepted donations for the Sale:
- Clothing: Kimono, Obi, Kanzashi, Geta, Sori, Haori, Hakama, Yukata, Jinbei, Handbags, Modern Japanese Clothing and Tshirts, Hats, Scarves, Happi coat, Hachimaki
- Furnishings: Tansu, Hibachi, Byoubu, Kotatsu (table, futon), Lanterns, Chouchin (lamp), Shoji Screens, Vases, Screens, Zabuton
- Kitchen & Cooking Items: Rice Cookers (syamoji), Mochi Machines, Donabe (hot pot) Sweets Molds, Hot Water Pots, Trays, Onigiri Kata, Knives
- Martial Arts Items: Dogi (Karate, Judo, Kendo, Kyudo, Aikido), Kendo Shinai, Bows for Kyudo, Sumo Items
- Ornaments & Giftwares: Kokeshi, Maneki Neko, Statues, Carvings, Metalwork, Okimono, Giftwares (new in the box), Figurines, Daruma, Uchiwa, Sensu (fans), Lacquerware, Tengu, Noh Masks, Dolls and Doll Cases
- Tea Ceremony Items: Kyuusu, Yunomi, Kogo, Koro, Futaoki, Tetsubin
- Tablewares: Chawan, Teapots, Tea Sets, Sake Sets, Chopsticks, Dinnerware, Dishes, Ceramics, Hashioki, Jubako,
- Toys: Kendama, Tako, Hagoita, Koma (Tops), Syogi, Go, Mangekyo (Kaleidoscopes), Hyakuninissyu (card game), Hanafuda (card game), Plush Toys, Ninja Items
- Seasonal Items: Hina Ningyo (Dolls), Koinobori (carp flags) New Years, Matsuri/Festival Items, Boy’s Day Items
- Art: Japanese Scrolls, Ukiyo-e Prints, Paintings, Drawings, Calligraphy, Screens, Posters
- Local Japanese American Artists: Shimomura, Matsudaira, Tsutakawa, Horiuchi, Nomura, Tokita, Sato, Takemore, Warashina
- Anime: Studio Ghibli (Totoro, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Howl’s Moving Castle, Ponyo), Hello Kitty/Sanrio, Manga (ex. One piece, Naruto, Bleach, Dragon Ball, more); Plastic Models, Anime Figures, DVDs, Books
- Textiles: Japanese Yardage, Furushiki, Noren, Sakabukuro Cotton Sake Bags, Sakiori, Katazome, Kaya Mosquito Netting, Tsutsugaki, Kasuri, Indigo, Shibori, Tenugui, Zokin
- Specialty Items: Bunraku, Noh, Kabuki, Inui, Ikebana, Bonsai
- Books: Japanese Books, Kasyu (Tanka- Haiku) Children’s Books, Art and Reference Books
- CDs/DVDs: Music and Movies; Vintage and Contemporary
- Tools: Nokogiri (Saws): Dōzuki, Ryōba, Azebiki, Mawashibiki, Kaeba, Oga; Chisels, hammers and measuring devices: Kanna, Nomi, Chōna, Ono, Tsuchi, Sumitsubo, Sumisashi, Sashigane, Kebiki
- Musical Instruments: Shakuhachi, Koto, Taiko Drums, Fue, Shamisen
- Incarceration Camp Items*: Handmade items – Furniture, Artwork, Jewelry, Woodwork, Carvings, Papers, Yearbooks, Luggage
(*) Items from the Incarceration Camps will not be sold at our sale – they will be donated to our NW Nikkei Museum